Sunday, February 14, 2021

"The Gospel of John"

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1 NLT)

  I was very fortunate to have been told to start off my new life in Christ, reading The Gospel of John. From the very beginning of John's Gospel, he makes us aware of who Jesus Christ was, is, and has always been: The Eternal God! As previously stated, I was not aware of this previous to the day, in September of 1981; as it was, most of my religious upbringing was spent with the J.W. organization, so this particular news was not told to me. As a matter of fact, it was highly refuted and looked upon as if it would cause you to be cursed if you even tried to accept it as the truth. 

  As to the specific date of my salvation, I have somewhat tried to figure it out, but not with great care or interest; I know it was a Sunday, and I know it was around 10:00 to 11:00 in the morning; but other than that, I am okay with knowing what I know is sufficient. Besides, the particular date might cause me to favor that specific date, almost like my physical birthday; I would just prefer not doing that, because everyday is new day when we are walking in Christ Jesus! 

  The very first thing that I realized in John's message, is that John was in awe of who Jesus is; almost as if he needed to reinforce the message of  who Christ was; thus he started his message with a prologue to get the reader prepared for what he was about to share. This prologue is the first 18 verses, as John shows who Jesus was and is, how He was manifested, why He came, and what we should expect by His coming: New Life! John also make sure to mention that all things were created by Jesus; thus, also ending his message by saying: 

 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." (John 21:25) 

  Whether or not this goes anywhere, I really do not care. As previously stated, over and over: This is only a journal that is posted within a blog; just my living journal of whatever I feel God is sharing to me, in me, or through me. I know it's not much, but it feels good to be doing it, at least most days. There are some days, however, I wish I had never started it .Regardless, my wife is still here, God has not taken her home yet; I pretty much committed myself to at least doing this every day she is still with us.   

  Does that mean I will quit when she goes? Not really; it only means it is an option; if there are real options in the lives of Believers! We have an obligation to share the Good News; the only option that we might have is how we reach people; besides that, even those options are totally and completely ordained by God. If God is not moving and guiding us, we need to stop and ask Him to do so by making Him the Pilot of our vessel, not ourselves!  

 This is real, it needs to be real, because God is real...

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." (2 Corinthians 5:17-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment