Monday, February 22, 2021

"Life of Light" -2

 "The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone." (John 1:4 NLT) 

  "For we are not making up clever stories when we told you about the powerful coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We saw his majestic splendor with our own eyes when he received honor and glory from God the Father. The voice from the majestic glory of God said to him, "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain." (2 Peter 1:16-18 NLT)

  There is something else that is evident in the Light, that is the knowledge and spiritual truth we can see, as He allows us to actually see and know His glory! Yes, we all were blind and in darkness before we were born again; some of us might not remember how much in darkness we were; but if it was not for His mercy to call us to Himself, we would have never found our way to Him, at all! 

  Remember how hard you searched for answers, asking the stars to show you something, looking for the clues in every form or substance. Some of us had no clue what we were doing. And without God leading us to Himself, we were, as the Scripture says, "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way." (Isaiah 53:6a KJV)

  You see, before I was redeemed, my mind was made up; I really thought that I had it all figured out, that I could do it all on my own. This was also the situation in Paul's life; or should we say, Saul, the one who had determined that he knew it all! Do you remember how Jesus revealed Himself to him? It was in the form of a Light! A Light so bright, it caused him to be blind! Reminds me of something Jesus had said to Nic at night, "Unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." 

  These are some very interesting times that we are living in, and I pray we all pay attention to all that the Scriptures warn us about, because there are powerful forces at work to try and distract us. Stay in the Word, hold fast to that which is Truth, and remain in the Light! How we remain in the Light, is to be wrecked, to know that we are vulnerable and need a stretcher! 

  I never what to find myself saying, I got this! In the words of Peter, in his powerful moment, and then started to sink: "Lord, save me." Please Lord, help me to keep my eyes on you...

"He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." (Psalms 103:10-12 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment