Saturday, February 20, 2021

"Maker of Everything" -2

 "God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him." (John 1:3 NLT)

  "For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings." (Hebrews 2:10 KJV) 

  Do not be fooled by strange and misleading examples of what God might look like; it is pretty much certain that His appearance will be such, that every single person that looks upon Him will be made to surrender all that they are at His sight. There are so many different ways that people try to imagine how He might appear; what form or manner He might take, as if His brightness and glory cannot be looked upon, unless He covers Himself from our eyes. 

  I know I shared on this before, but I had the honor of leading my wife into the Sinners Prayer, within two weeks after I gave my life to the Lord. I was so overwhelmed by my new understanding of who Jesus was, I could not contain myself from telling her what had happened to my life and how much it meant to me that she could see Him also. The whole point of why Jesus came, was not just to show us the way, but to present the Way! 

  Had we known how to make ourselves keep the law, we might have had some kind of a chance to be right with God; but we were totally and completely lost and without hope, until a way was made for us to be made holy! Doesn't that make you see how God presented Himself to us? The more I think of this, the more I feel like crawling under a rock and hiding my shame! "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." (1 John 4:9 KJV)

  I might not have certain things all figured out. I might not even have anything at all figured out. But I know the One that does! Before I can even think about issuing some kind of a complaint, or making a request that some sort of trial be made comfortable or manageable, I need to remember what God has already done for me! What an amazing God we serve...

"This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But is we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us." (1 John 4:10-13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment