Sunday, February 21, 2021

"Life of Light""

"In him was life, and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4 KJV)

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:3 KJV)

  Something I learned the other day, that the upper portion of the human heart has an electrical pulse or connection. Not quite sure what that means, but someone told me that their doctor showed them it, and that it looked as if it produced some sort of electrical current or spark. I know, sounds a little weird; but I felt it was a timely conversation.

  Basically, what we are looking at today, is Life that is in Himself. Or as Matthew Henry puts it: "He has life in himself; not only the true God, but the living God." The difference between God and god, is that God is not created, He has always existed; a god, however, is created being, meaning that it, in no way is a match for God, ever! Hopefully you get this, because there are only a few ways to get you to see the Light!  

  Having been on the other side of the fence, I can tell you from experience that there are only so many chances we get to make the right choice. Oddly enough, because I was not all that interested in church, the choices I had were offered by people asking me to sit with them in a study group, or to join them in a little prayer group. As I have shared before, church to me was just organized religion; something I felt as though I wanted to stay far away from. 

  But, on that day, there was a light; something inside of me somehow got switched on, and I felt as though I needed to go towards the Light! Do you understand what I am saying? There was a knock on the door, a knock much different than any other; this was like a do or die knock; one that I felt like I needed to answer! The number of times I could remember before, seemed as though they could have been counted on one hand; but none of the others were as important or urgently answered than this one day: on a Sunday morning in September of 1981...

"The Scriptures tell us, "The first man, Adam, became a living person." But the last Adam - that is Christ - is a life-giving Spirit. What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later. Adam, the first man, was made from from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven. Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people and like the heavenly man. Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man. What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever." (1 Corinthians 15:45-50 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment