Monday, September 16, 2019

"The Must Trust"

"Bless the LORD, O house of Israel: bless the LORD, O house of Aaron: bless the LORD, O house of Levi: ye that fear the LORD, bless the LORD." (Psalms 135:19-20)

  Just so you know, I tend to step out on limbs quite often; let's just blame it on my B.C. days and all the wild crazy things I did; we can just leave it at that, because I hardly remember any of it being very constructive. Which brings me to the point of what this Scripture has placed upon my heart. We that fear the LORD are fearfully and wonderfully made in His image! God said it back in the beginning, saying, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." (Genesis 1:26) This word for "bless" is one that is like adoration and congratulation; to knee down and give praise for the perfect work that has been done! Whatever it was that I have done or been through, I wouldn't want to change a single thing! There are things that I regret, things that I even hate thinking about doing; but to undo anything, besides the fact that it is impossible, it would disrupt something that God has done. Each of those names listed above are the names that God has blessed: Israel the nation; Aaron the priest; Levi the loyal servants: all put into their perfect and rightfully made positions by none other than the Creator of heaven and earth; who knows every single hair of their heads! Weird as this might sound, but I woke up this morning dreaming about having a mouth full of hair. Stranger things have happened, but I might have actually had some of my wife's hair in my mouth, because her head was right up against my face. Anywho, this makes perfect sense: fear is not only totally accurately needed as part of our worship, it is the engine that keeps us trusting God. The thing about must engines, at least the ones we know mostly about, the ones in our cars; they constantly need fuel or a source of power to run: as does fear! If you don't believe me, try to imagine any kind of fear that does not have knowledge attached to it. They say that fear stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real; which works really well when that fear is with anything else but God; but as far as God is concerned, the fear we have with Him is based upon what we know. We know that He knows all things, that He created all things, that He more powerful than anything, and that He loves us more than anything we could ever know. That is what the Bless is all about! No idol can ever even come close to a single part of that...

"And the four a twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying Amen; Alleluia. And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." (Revelation 19:4-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment