Saturday, September 14, 2019

"Life's Preposition"

"They have ears, but the hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths." (Psalms 135:17)

  When it comes to God's word, not only is it important to listen, but we need to hear what is being said when He speaks. Back in the day, I was really into heavy metal and music that I felt really spoke to me; not only would I listen to the music, but I would pay attention to what was being said, as if to hear some sort of a message, something that could inspire me and get my mind churning in areas that I thought were interesting to explore. I know that is a pretty lousy example, specially based upon the music and the culture behind it; but that is pretty much the same line of thinking, where we not only listen, but we hear what is being said and we make it part of our life. God's word is meant to be life changing! If His word is not changing you for the better, then you had better learn to listen better; and the better way to listen, is to hear with ears that hear what it is that God is saying! I know, we are meant to be talking about idols; apparently I did not get the memo. But seriously, this is actually more about God, the True God verses idols; which, whether you are willing to accept it or not, is the power behind the title above: Real life has real words, with real important meanings! Yes, the Bible is given wonderful names, like, "God's Love Letter," or "His-Story," or whatever else you wish to make it; but the bottom line, it is His Word, living and breathing, and speaking into the lives of those that will hear what His Spirit is saying. Which brings me to the second part of this verse, "breath." I couldn't help but think about what Pastor Bryan shared, and the way the Hebrew language pronounces "breath," as in the word from Genesis 2:7, which says, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Never mind the fact that idols don't have breath in their mouths; they don't have anything close to the Spirit of the Living God! Something Jesus was making very clear to Nicodemus, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." To be perfectly clear, the "water" that Jesus is speaking about is the Word of God, the True God, the Living God; The Spirit and Truth of God, the Fountain of Life...

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."" (John 4:10-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment