Tuesday, September 10, 2019

"Commemoration"

"Thy name, O LORD, endureth for ever; and the memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations." (Psalms 135:13)

  I might be stepping out on a limb, but it would not be surprised if this Psalm was written Ezra himself; because as you know, I believe that Ezra was the one responsible for assembling these Songs together. It would only be natural, as a man of God, he might make up his own song in the process of reading and sorting them; analyzing them and figuring out the order that gives the most impact upon the human heart. But don't quote me, because I seriously know nothing about anything of importance. That said, when it comes to, "The True God and Idols," there is absolutely no comparison between the two! I can say without a speck of doubt, God's power and might is stronger than anything or anyone else! I have tried the worship of other things, and I can say without a doubt that nothing can take the place of the work that God has done in my heart and in my life. Oh, I might have days or weeks of feeling like I can express myself and explore a little of that old nature; but when push comes to shove, none of that matters anymore when it's time to get serious and worship God alone! To get right down to it, this is about us remembering how God never changes! We can change in an instant; triggered by just about anything that might not conform to our way of seeing things; whether that be what's our stuff, our feelings, our relationships, and even our own sinful natures. It really does not matter what it is, if we do not agree with the outcome or the process, the wickedness within our heart will yearn for the way to get our own way. Matthew Henry says that this is a reference to Ex. 3:15, as God proclaimed, "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; this is my name for ever and this is my memorial unto all generations." Do you know exactly what Jesus said of this? It pretty much sums up what I was saying about the no comparison thing! Yes, that right; nothing proves God lives more than life itself...

"Jesus replied, "Marriage is for people here on earth. But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God and children of the resurrection. "But now, as to whether the dead will be raised -even Moses proved this when he wrote about the burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, he referred to the Lord as 'the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they all live with him."" (Luke 20:34-38) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment