Thursday, December 15, 2016

"No Matter What"

"But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth." (Psalms 86:15)
Now that you see what I was trying to say, there is something of a relationship between the description of the characters in the last verse and those who do not matter: those that don't matter are the proud, those who are violent against the just, and the those that do not set God before them. Not that God cannot hold a place for them in His heart, because God is not willing that anyone should have to perish. But we are given free will to make a choice; and in most cases, those that choose not to accept God's love for them, they become harder and harder; to the point of actually becoming bitter and hating any mention of God. As I was listening to Pastor Jon yesterday, I anticipated that he was going to answer the missing part of what God was speaking into my heart yesterday; and sure enough he did. He was associating the children of Israel murmuring against God in the wilderness over the manna, and how when Jesus explained to the people He was the Manna from Heaven, and the Jews murmured against Him. John 6:43 says: "Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, "Murmur not among yourselves." It had to strike a cord in the hearts of some of them, if they new anything about how the children of Israel murmured against God over the manna in the wilderness. There is such a huge difference between those that have accepted God's mercy and those that have not; the biggest difference being that they get it! It's like a light switch being turned on, and everything you did not know or understand is all of the sudden made available for you to see. What happens to us when we actually become aware, is exactly what this verse before us today is speaking of; we see God just as He is, "full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth." Do you know what the opposite of murmuring is? How about being grateful? Thankful in everything, even in the things that seem to hurt or seem boring or might not give us pleasure. It's about knowing what matters most and being thankful for everything else; everything else, even those things that bring us pain and discomfort, because in our suffering we are drawn closer to God's love. Sure, it might not seem pleasant or enjoyable, but it can still bring the kind of peace that passes all understanding; that is the kind of peace where you know that God loves you and you are safe in His arms, no matter what...
"Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But you haven't believed in me even though you have seen me. However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."" (John 6:35-40) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment