Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"Marching On"

"O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave." (Psalms 88:1-3)
Not that I know anything about what I am doing, but I've come to far now to give it up. Do you understand what is being said? I wouldn't doubt for a moment if this was not written be Solomon. Who, by the way, I do believe we will see up in heaven; despite all of his messing up and his fooling around with women and drunkenness and worldly goods; he actually did finish well after all. That was his biggest regret, that at the end of his life he saw more of his life spent on himself than on the service to his God and for others. You actually never know, maybe he spent his life just the way that he should have, in order that God should get all the glory! I caught the end of To Every Man An Answer yesterday, and really wish that Pastor Leo had had more time to answer that last question, because I was troubled by his brief answer. The question from a caller was on the Song of Solomon, or as more appropriately known, THE SONG OF SONGS. I do not actually recall the complete question, except it had to do with whom Solomon was speaking of, whether it was Jesus or someone else. But the answer that Leo belted out in the 15 seconds he had left to give an answer, did not give any justice to the power of the Holy Spirit; at least not in my opinion. I really think that they need to reexamine the issue. Sure, you could say that Solomon was writing that song about one of his foreign wives, but then again, why is it placed almost at the heart of the Bible? Why is it even in the Bible at all? And since it is read aloud every year, what is the importance of doing so? I will try my best to explain why, as little as I know: because it is the Song that is sung between our Loving Savior and His Bride, the Church. He is so perfect in every way, but we are flawed in our own eyes, yet perfect in His, flaws and all! Do you know what I believe are the wisest verses in the entire Bible? Why should you care what I think? Who am I, anyway; I am just a man on a journey towards the grave, looking forward to getting on with it...
"Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don't wait unto the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it. "Everything is meaningless," says the Teacher, "completely meaningless." Keep this in mind: The Teacher was considered wise, and taught the people everything he knew. He listened carefully to many proverbs, studying them and classifying them. The Teacher sought to find just the right words to express truths clearly. The words of the wise are like cattle prods -painful but helpful. Their collected sayings are like a nail-studded stick with which a shepherd drives the sheep. But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out. That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad." (Ecclesiastes 12:6-14) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment