Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"The Righteous Way"

"Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps." (Psalms 85:13)
That's pretty much the main idea, "Yes, now go and do the same!" When it comes to "Invoking God's Mercy," there needs to be a common connection between receiving mercy and giving mercy. It's a basic rule, much like give and take; if you want mercy, then be merciful; if you want forgiveness, then forgive others. Now, I totally understand how hard it is to live out the Golden Rule; but that's just the thing we need to get through our thick skulls, we cannot do it without the Lord's help! If we could, then He would not have had to come and make a way for us to be righteous. Why do you think He cried out to the Father, saying, 'If there be any other way, take this cup from me;' but there was no other way! I really love this verse, because it proclaims exactly what we need to accept, if we are ever going to truly be successful in living a righteous life. He is our righteousness! We need to grab hold and never let go! Does that sound a little familiar to anyone? Sound's a little bit like 'Jacob' and the meaning of his name: "Heel-catcher." The beautiful part of the representation is the new name that Jacob was given by God, "Israel," which means, "Governed by God." To put it into the proper perspective, it needs to be presented in a way that we can totally understand: He established the way and then placed us on that way; they are His steps, which are steps that He established while in our steps! There are so many different assimilations there, it makes my mind filled with the Swirling Eddies. It's okay if you don't know what I am talking about, it's a D.A. term that pretty much means that you have so many thoughts swirling around in your mind, that you can't make sense of any of them; they seem to fit together, but you don't know how. Let's just go back to that basic rule of "Sit, Walk, Stand." We can leave it at that, because that's where we need to remain...
"But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not! Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law -I stopped trying to meet all its requirements -so that I might live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body be trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die." (Galatians 2:17-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment