Saturday, November 12, 2016

"Bonds to Duty" -Too

"For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness." (Psalms 84:10) I actually took this title from a statement that Matthew Henry makes regarding this verse, so I have got to disclose that, just for the record. Regardless of what your position is, or how much you enjoy doing what you do, there is no comparison to making a difference for the kingdom of God. And here's the thing about that, you really don't know what impact that you have; and you really won't know till you get to heaven. It could have been something so simple, something that you never even remember doing, like simply telling someone that God loves them, or saying, God bless you, to someone that you only saw one time. You really never know. That one simple little jester could have set off a wave of changed lives, depending upon the person to whom you spoke, and how they received it. That might not seem as though it could matter all that much, but one never knows. Now, about that little thing I spoke of yesterday; although it has nothing compared to David's suffering, and especially the Lord's suffering, it does have something in common with the being able to make it stop. I could make it stop any time that I wanted to, but I don't want to; I have no desire whatsoever to change a thing, because it is my duty! I get compliments all the time about how rare my commitment is to taking care of my wife. But here's the thing people just don't understand, how special she is to my life! For better or worse is more than just a feeling, it's a commitment to being one in Christ; and, in sickness and in health leaves no room for unless! Till death do us part; so help me God...
"But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work." (Philippians 3:20-4:1) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment