Tuesday, November 1, 2016

"Empty Space"

"My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God." (Psalms 84:2) It might not seem like much, but it is more powerful than you can ever imagine, especially if you know where your heart belongs. I am talking about our hearts being locked on heaven; and when I say locked, I mean that there is a focus and an intentional desire to be there. If for whatever reason we have strayed from having such a desire, then what we feel is emptiness. It's not because we have lost the Holy Spirit, because I believe that once we have been born again He is always with us; it's a new spiritual birth, and it is for eternity. No, it really is more about a longing. It might be hard to put this into words, but it really matters what you are longing for, as to whether or not you can feel satisfied and complete. Can we even feel satisfied in this life? I think that we should. As a matter of fact, it is almost a requirement that we are, if we are truly a child of God. Do you know why that might be required of us? Well, first and foremost, because this is not our home, and where our home is, everything has been prepared for us and there is nothing there that we need to do. That was one of the things that Jesus told His disciples at the last supper, "I go to prepare a place for you." In the context of what He was saying, He was telling them not to be troubled. It's that word "troubled" that speaks to being satisfied in Jesus Christ and what He provides for us. This really goes beyond this life, so it does not include being satisfied with the things of this life; with or without them, we are still to be satisfied. If we are not, for whatever reason that might be, then nothing on this planet will ever satisfy us; only Jesus can provide what we need to be satisfied and complete...
"How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you don't have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
(Philippians 4:10-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment