Thursday, November 3, 2016

"The Perfect House"

"Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God." (Psalms 84:3) I could not help but think of a song, "Better is one day in Thy house," while reading this. We must understand that our relationship with God is so very special. I think we sometimes take it for granted, as if it's really not all that special to be able to hang out with the King of Kings; but it's more than just something that comes with our new life, it is Life, real Life! There were two pastors talking about something very much in line with what I had said yesterday; at least it seemed to be much the same. Sometimes I wonder if it's just all in my head; I can't tell you how many times I gave a message and then had someone come up to me after the service, saying, "Wow, that is exactly what I needed to hear," and then they would express what they heard me say, and it was nothing like I thought I was sharing on. Anywho, the point was about Moses telling God that he was not able to do what God asked him to do, and then he gave God a list of excuses. God was not interested in what Moses was capable of doing; God needed Moses to believe what He was capable of, and to trust in Him. It's really not rocket science, we don't have anything to offer God, God is the one who has what we need. We pretty much just need to show up and be blessed; even if we don't think we can be of any good, it is God working in us that gets things done. Matthew Henry paints a pretty good picture of what David might have been thinking about, as he sees the little birds who have built their nests around the God's Temple, whishing it could be him, hanging out with God without a care in the world. But isn't that what Jesus was talking about? If only we could learn to listen...
""That is why I tell you to not worry about everyday life -whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"" (Matthew 6:25-27) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment