Monday, November 14, 2016

"Easy Street"

"O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." (Psalms 84:12) If you wanted a example of true trust in the Lord, then you might try looking at the Son of Man, none other than Jesus Christ. He is the only one we should be looking to for guidance in the direction of having faith, because He is the only one who was perfect in it. I am so weak at times when it comes to having faith; not that I don't trust God enough, it's really not about having enough trust, it's about having faith enough to let go. Whenever I am falling, I seem to be strong enough to trust Him; it's when I am holding on, that's when I seem to lack the faith enough to let go, and let God. About that verse from yesterday, there was a portion of that verse which reminds me a lot of Romans 8:28, which was, "no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." There is a condition for the good. "All things work together for good," is based upon a condition, just as there is a condition for "no good thing" being withheld. Isn't it wonderful to know that our condition has been corrected! Because, I know for a fact that I am not fit for anything good! Can I actually love God with all my strength, soul, heart, and mind? I don't think it is possible, not without the help of the Holy Spirit, who is Love. God will not ever tells us to do something that we cannot do; but that does not mean we are not expected to ask Him for His help doing it. Some times I just want to crawl under a rock and die, but my duty to take care of my wife stops me from giving in to feeling sorry for myself, and makes me count it all joy that I have the honor to care for her. That is pretty much what it takes, die to yourself and make it about others; that's where trust really comes from; it comes from there, because there is where you learn to let go! It's no longer about me; it's no longer my will, but God's...
"Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against it's will, all creation was subjected to God's curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don't need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)" (Romans 8:18-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment