Wednesday, July 20, 2016

"Presumption Verses Faith" -2

"When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel: so that he forsook the tabernacle of Shiloh, the tent which he placed among men; and delivered his strength into captivity, and his glory into the enemy's hand." (Psalms 78:59-61) So, does this mean that God would abandon His people? There it is! That is what 'presumption' stands for, because faith would never go there! God would rather disgrace Himself than to abandon His children! What do you think these last two days were speaking to? In Luke 11, just prior to Jesus speaking about the whole, "and say, "Trouble me not" example, Jesus was teaching His disciples to pray; within that portion of Scripture you see the famous "Lord's Prayer;" which isn't really actually the Lord's prayer, because His prayer is found in John 17, the whole chapter! Understand this very important thing about God's word, His word is more than His bond, it's who He is; from the very beginning to the very end, His word never changes. What does that mean for you and your faith? Well, if you are basing your faith upon your own capacity to understand anything, then it's faith that won't survive the light of day; but if your faith is in God's word, the Word of God, then there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that can shake you off! Does that mean God does not turn His back on us? No, I am sorry to say that is part of the reality of sin, and what sin does in the relationship between God and His children. Why would we assume God would not turn His back on us, if He turned His back on His Son? That might have been the biggest part of the whole experience that Jesus hated most, more than the beatings, or the ridicule, or the humility; the fact that the Father would turn away from Him, as He took our sins upon Himself, that was the part that hurt the most! For God to turn His back on His people does not mean that they are forsaken, by any means. Did God forsake His Son? No chance in hell! (Pardon the pun.) Who abandoned who in the first place? It is not God that abandons us, it is our doing; we are the ones who do the abandoning, not God. But God will do whatever it takes to get us back, even if it might bring some temporary disgrace upon Himself...
""I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one -as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began! O righteous Father, the world doesn't know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me. I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them."" (John 17:20-26) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment