Monday, July 25, 2016

"Daddy's Home" -2

"Then the Lord awaked as one out of a sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth be reason of wine." (Psalms 78:65) As many of you know, God does not sleep (Psalms 121:4), so something else has to be at work here. Personally, I believe it's like the "getting off the coach" thing we looked at earlier; only this time, instead of getting up to chastise His children, He's getting up to protect them and protect His honor. Yes, His honor is His to protect. What in the world could we ever do to protect God's honor? Nothing that we might live to talk about, that's for sure. We can honor God by doing certain things well and staying on the path of righteous living; but when it comes to protecting His honor, only He is fit for doing that; and can He do it! As much as I would love to take credit for making anything happen, it's really not our duty to make things happen; servants don't make things happen, servants just do what they are told to do; much the same as children. As a matter of fact, to be like a child we must walk humble with an attitude of being cared for; instead, we tend to check in and check out with God, more like a kid that is off in college, instead of a child that needs a parent. That's more a personal observation of myself, so don't think I am including you in that category of character. In Matthew Henry's words, "God's return" is about His return "in mercy, to them." God never left them, not even for a moment! His love never stops for us, because His love is eternal and never ever fades. That might be something hard for us to grasp, because it's not something that we can put into practice ourselves. We don't have it within ourselves to love each other unconditionally, let alone to love God that way; but He can help us love, if we choose to let Him do it. It's all about just being His child...
"I, yes, I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear? Yet you have forgotten the LORD, your Creator, the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies? Where is their fury and anger now? It is gone! Soon all you captives will be released! Imprisonment, starvation, and death will not be your fate! For I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the LORD of Heaven's Armies. And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely in my hand. I stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. I am the one who says to Israel, 'You are my people!'"" (Isaiah 51:12-16) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment