Sunday, July 24, 2016

"Daddy's Home"

"Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine." (Psalms 78:65) This is what I woke to this morning; but I actually think it was what I went to sleep to last night; and then after waking up to it, I thought that it was a little corny. So, as I started this blog, I checked out what Matthew Henry had to say, and then used his opening, "God's Return," instead. However, as I started to type out my confession of using his line, I had a change of heart; so here we have it, "Daddy's Home" has won the argument! Pastor Mike has this expression for God's eternal knowledge, in that he says, "God cannot learn." When I first heard this, I didn't quite know how to accept it; it almost sounded as though it was some kind of a put-down; but instead, it is glorifying the fact that God already knows all that there is to know, even though those things might not yet have happened. As you consider that amazing fact, think about your calling, that day when God first spoke into your heart about how much He loves you, and then realize something important about God's love for you: It has not change! Do you know how I know that and how I can say it with such certainty? Because He knew everything about you when He first called you; everything! He knows what you will do long before you could have even had the power to think about doing it, because you were not even conceived yet when He knew it! I find that more than amazing, it's comforting to know how much He loves me, regardless of what I might do or not do, He still loves me! With that in mind, He is deeply concerned with our eternal position, as well as our temporary condition. It might not seem like He is concerned with what goes on down here, but He most certainly is; nothing that happens to any of His children does not have a reason or a purpose; so He allows certain things to take place, in order to achieve His perfect will, even though those things might look very ugly. However! He is a compassionate Father! He might observe His children being mistreated, awaiting there plea for help; but He can only allow so much, and then the 'Daddy' in Him awakens; regardless of their cry for help, or even their repentance...
""Listen to me, you who know right from wrong, you who cherish my law in your hearts. Do not be afraid of people's scorn, nor fear their insults. For the moth will devour them as it devours clothing. The worm will eat them as it eats wool. But my righteousness will last forever. My salvation will continue from generation to generation." Wake up, wake up, O LORD! Clothe yourself with strength! Flex your mighty arm! Rouse yourself as in the days of old when you slew Egypt, the dragon of the Nile. Are you not the same today, the one who dried up the sea, making a path of escape through the depths so that your people could cross over? Those who have been ransomed by the LORD will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness." (Isaiah 51:7-11) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment