Friday, June 24, 2016

"Redirected"

"When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and inquired early after God." (Psalms 78:34) As many of you might have experienced, God does have a way of gaining our attention; it might take some doing, but sooner or later, we eventually get the point. I think we all know deep down it's something that we need to happen; we don't want it to happen; we go on hoping it doesn't happen; but we know deep down inside that we really need it to happen because otherwise we will not listen. I think it's like Pastor Mike V. and his message about our Heavenly Father getting up off the couch. I shared it several months ago, because I thought it was important for us to understand that God is patient, but He's not unloving towards us; sooner or later He is going to stop us from destroying ourselves, because He gets tired of seeing us mess up our lives. Our major problem is that we actually think we can handle things on our own. Seriously, we actually do! In fact, more than we might like to admit, we pretty much think we have everything under control and handled rather smoothly. You know that feeling? Everything is good between me and God; He blesses me, I give Him the glory, it's all good. I know you know what I am talking about. I know I have a higher purpose than making money so I can give more money to the church; God does not need my money! God needs my devotion to Him! Anywho; the whole thing about "The Bread from Heaven" is more about complete surrender than anything else. On the one hand, we are changed one day at a time; but, on the other hand, we need to be set apart and devoted for service. That whole thing about "serving two masters" was not just a parable or a what if, it was Jesus saying, You have got to be all in to Me! Somehow it will all work out in the long run, but how badly do we want to get hurt before we actually get it...
"My child, don't reject the LORD'S discipline, and don't be upset when he corrects you. For the LORD corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights." (Proverbs 3:11-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment