Tuesday, June 7, 2016

"Unfit"

"They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; and forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shown them." (Psalms 78:10-11) That's pretty much the synopsis that I gather from this, because there is real power displayed in moving forward; there is no power displayed in turning back. That was the whole issue with Dan and the rest who wanted to settle their families on the other side, their families missed out on seeing God work in the battles. I think it can happen to the best of us, if we don't allow God to fight our battles for us. What I am saying, is that God needs to be put to the test in our lives, which is something that requires some battles to be won; and I'm not talking about battles that we win, but battles that God wins; battles that can only be explained as being won by God! Can we even experience those kind of battles? Sure we can! In regards to the children of Israel and all of their foes, just about every single enemy they faced or every single captivity the experienced was a type of sin or challenge to overcome the world. We face many battles in each of our daily lives; it's just that many of us don't look at them as battles, as much as we should, mostly because we are dwelling within the enemy camps, and loving it. I think if there was a key word in the verses above, that word would be "forgat." It seems to speak more than just forgetting, but speaks about not caring to remember, as in ignoring God's works and wonders, all together. Now why do you think someone would ignore God's works and wonders? My best guess, is that they do not want to be changed. The best way to avoid being changed is to ignore the power of God to change you! You know what I'm talking about, so don't act so surprised. Here is a popular Scripture, for those "earth dwellers" that like to hang out with the enemies of God: "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:17-18) Don't think I do not include myself in this little chastisement, because I am no different than anyone else: I don't have any sin that I continue to hold onto that I do not like! I know what my issues are, so I can talk as someone who has experience. The question is, do you know what your issues are; because there are plenty of people who do not. There are plenty of people who try hard to obey the letter of the law, but ignore the intention of the law...
"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:1-7) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment