Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"Continuity" -2

"For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works." (Psalms 78:32) It is really easy to loose track of what brought us here in the first place. Not that we don't have the means to remember, because not only do we have His word to keep us in balance, but He has provided His Spirit to reinforce all that we read. That is the most important part of this whole experience, having the Holy Spirit within us, who confirms the truth in us. He makes it real! It's like this blog, which at times seems like it might be some sort of obsession, and maybe it is; but there are mornings where nothing else could move me this way. When He meets with me here, it cleanses my soul, if you get my meaning. I don't know about you, but if there is anything that it's okay to be obsessed by, if it involves fellowship with the Creator of the universe, then I think it's a obsession worth holding on to. Getting back to this star mark in my Bible; it's not that we don't need to be reminded of what brought us here, because sin is still something we are very familiar with; and maybe that's not such a bad thing. I am not saying it's okay to sin, because it's not, but it keeps us in balance. I have to remember the title above this Psalm in my Bible, "God Loves His People." You think about that for a moment, and then you relate those four words with the context of this verse. All that God has done for us, and all that He demonstrates in our hearts, as He moves us by the power of His love, and yet we still somehow find it within us to sin. Don't think for a moment that God is surprised by that, because He's not! We need to be in our Bibles every single day, for the perfect balance! I heard, I believe it was Pastor David, saying something about meeting some of the authors of the Bible in heaven, someone like Amos; and if you were not into your Bible, then you might question his credibility, saying, 'There's no Amos in the Bible, is there?' My goodness, how do we expect to understand the truth if we are not able to know the truth; and how can we know the truth if we are not living the truth. God absolutely loves His people, and I am one...
 "But Jesus replied, "Stop complaining about what I said. For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up. As it is written in the Scriptures, 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. (Not that anyone has ever seen the Father; only I, who was sent from God, have seen him.) I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life! Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I offer so the world may live, is my flesh." (john 6:43-51) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment