Saturday, September 26, 2015

"More Than We Know" -2

"There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the princes of Judah and their council, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali." (Psalms 68:27) I can understand if you were a little confused by that little post yesterday, but it was me dancing around an issue of regrets. We all have them; at least I think that we all do. I have talked with a few people in my life that have said that they don't, but that does not mean I believe them, because we all fall sort of being perfect. So if somebody tells me that they have no regrets, then I must assume that they really do not care if they have wronged someone, or if they have done something wrong. I have talked with people who have the opinion that wrong things done might actually have been the right thing for the moment, as odd as that might sound. It is kind of like being in the wrong place and at the wrong time is not really relevant to what might have happened, because where your at is where you were meant to be. Which, if you were going to take that point of view, then David staying back from the fight and being on the roof that night, was not just where he was meant to be, but was what he was meant to be doing. I am not so sure it works that way. But what I am sure of, is how God works all things to the good; even despite our messes that we make, He makes lemonade of the lemons we make, and He turns all of our disasters into His victories... "Some people curse their father and do not thank their mother. They are pure in their own eyes, but they are filthy and unwashed. They look proudly around, casting disdainful glances. They have teeth like swords and fangs like knives. They devour the poor from the earth and the needy from among humanity. The leech has two suckers that cry out, "More, more!" There are three things that are never satisfied - no, four that never say, "Enough!": the grave, the barren womb, the thirsty desert, the blazing fire. The eye that mocks a father and despises a mother's instructions will be plucked out by ravens of the valley and eaten by vultures. There are three things that amaze me - no, four things that I don't understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman." (Proverbs 30:11-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment