Thursday, September 17, 2015

"Just a Little Bit"

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. (Psalms 68:19) If we could only see what God can see, what a difference that would make in how we live our daily lives; but we can't, and it is just as well, because we could not handle having our minds blown! What we have been given is pretty much as much as we can handle; these are temporal times that we live in, way too small of a time period to handle so much data. The word "daily" is the word that strikes me a little odd; it is one of these words that has two references after it; but get this, they are the same references, H3117, which is the word 'yowm', "from an unused root meaning to be hot." Yesterday I heard something interesting from Dr. Chuck, something I had never heard or seen before, and it had to do with the "third day", not just the third day of creation, although what he said about that was very interesting, but the third day in general. To see the significance of the third day of creation, we first must see the missing factor in the second, which is that it was "good"; God did not say that the second day of creation was good! But God did say that the third day of creation was good, not just once, but twice He said it was good. What was so different about the third and second day? Well? Let me tell you what I think, for what it's worth. On the second day God established Heaven. What? were expecting something significant? God's love for us is so amazing! He knows just how much we can handle, and He knows our breaking point! But more than anything else, He wants to have fellowship with us... "He has filled me with bitterness and given me a bitter cup of sorrow to drink. He has made me chew on gravel. He has rolled me in the dust. Peace has been stripped away, and I have forgotten what prosperity is. I cry out, "My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the LORD is lost!" The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin fresh each morning. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"" (Lamentations 3:15-24)NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment