Monday, September 21, 2015

"...Beyond Reproach"

"That thy foot my be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same." (Psalms 68:23) If you only knew how much God loves you. I think we think we know; it seems to be taught as though we think we know. But we only really know but in part. As I was praying about what God would speak to me about this morning, I could not help but think about all those faithful people throughout the ages that have been killed and tormented for their faith. We here in this country are so spoiled, we can't really feel what it's like to live under that kind of pressure; let alone know what it's like to experience a kind of peace that releases that pressure. There are some that would question God's motives to let such things happen to His children, as if it is God's idea or something that He enjoys to witness. You have got to know that God hates to see His children treated badly! If you could imagine what you might feel seeing your own child be tormented and killed, think about how difficult it is for our Heavenly Father to hold His peace at the sight of what is done to those He loves. I heard something said by Pastor David the other day, as he shared about when Stephen saw the heavens open at the time of his stoning; he said that this is the only time in Scripture when Christ is standing, verses "being seated on the right hand of the Father." I am a firm believer in a pre-tribulation rapture, verses mid or post; it just makes so much more sense that God would not pour out His wrath on His church. Why would Jesus allow that to be done to His bride? The tribulation is a time when God pours out His wrath upon the unbelieving earth, not upon Believers. That being said, we should not be surprised when we do suffer persecution, but we should also know that it is not God's doing when we do. There is a big difference between punishment and persecution! I would like to know why some things happen the way that they do, but just because I don't, does not mean that I can't trust God in everything that happens in my life...  "Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah, with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in his great strength? "It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation! It is I, the LORD, who has the power to save!" Why are your clothes so red, as if you have been treading out grapes? "I have been treading the winepress alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. Their blood has stained my clothes. For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors. I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me. I crushed the nations in my anger and made them stagger and fall to the ground, spilling their blood upon the earth." (Isaiah 63:1-6) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment