Friday, January 23, 2015

"Other Than A Mesh"

"God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God." (Psalms 55:18) It really could happen, those valley of bones coming to life; God is more than able to do it, so why do we doubt that He can change us from something bad into something good? Maybe if we want to talk about betrayal, we should look into what we think we know first, then maybe we might discover we really don't know anything at all. I am totally convinced that we do not experience all that we are meant to be, because we focus too much upon ourselves, and do not keep our eyes on Jesus. Not that I have any sort of answers to that problem, because I am guilty and have no clue as to why I keep on looking back; it's almost as if the world really does matter more than I care to want it to. I heard a message from Pastor John yesterday regarding the Year Of Jubilee, and it reminded me of why our physical death is so important, because the closer we get to heaven, the less this stuff here is worth to us. Taking a look at what David is saying here, it would appear as though he is focused upon a certain type of individual, like someone that is pretending to be something that they are not. If you really think about it, Judas was not just any Apostle, he was the won that was in charge of the money; he was the one trusted with the financial affairs of the group, and yet in reality, he was the one that couldn't be trusted. It would appear that something had prevented Judas from looking beyond this world; almost as if the cares of this world were a web, wound so tight, and so thick, that he could not see past anything other than what he already knew. What we really fail to understand, is that we are like those bones; we are dead dried up bones, laying in a pile of other dead and dried up bones; and it is not anything we can do that will give life back to us, but what God has already done. To make matters worse, if we are not careful about what we believe God can do, then we might not have the right kind of respect for Him and the power He has over our lives. Now we are talking about a betrayal of a whole different kind; one that involves the betrayal of our own mind...
"Then He said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off from our parts. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up out of your graves, and shall put My Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD." (Ezekiel 37:11-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment