Thursday, January 29, 2015

"Never Give Up"

"Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me." (Psalms 56:1) It is really pointless to try and put your trust in anyone else but God, yet we are constantly told to do just that. How many times I have heard someone say, You need a backup plan, just in case God is not going to do things the way you think He is; or, I think you should get some advise from someone that has some experience in that, because it does not sound as though it really works that way. How about we just forget about what people think they know, and leave everything to God? When you think about what David is trying to say, it takes some sort of imagination to put this kind of stuff into writing; it actually kind of reminds me of a bumper sticker, the one that shows several fish swimming one way and one fish swimming the other, and it says, "Go against the flow"; yet in this instance, all the opposing fish are not so kind and do not just swim by without noticing your direction of travel. If you really think about it, most people will not say what they really think about you to your face, so you really have no idea how many people think that your crazy or stupid for doing what you are doing, because they will not say anything directly to you; that does not mean that they will not say anything, because they most likely will, they just won't say it to you. You can't imagine what it might have been for to be David at this moment in his life, having been anointed to be the next king, yet hiding in a place that was not only opposite of his soon to be kingdom, but was against all that David knew was right. The story is really not that different from anything that you and I might be going through, it just is magnified a hundred times or more; but it is really just about trusting God, even if you are not sure what you are meant to be doing, just trust Him to get you through whatever it is that you are going through, and whatever it is that you are doing; even if it might appear wrong that you are going in the direction away from the direction you should be going, because God has your back... "And David answered and said, Behold the king's spear! and let one of the young men come over and fetch it. The LORD render to every man his righteousness and his faithfulness: for the LORD delivered thee into my hand today, but I would not stretch forth mine hand against the LORD's anointed. And behold, as thy life was much set by this day in mine eyes, so let my life be much set by in the eyes of the LORD, and let Him deliver me out of all tribulation. Then Saul said to David, blessed be thou, my son David: thou shalt both do great things, and also shalt still prevail. So David went on his way, and Saul returned to his place. And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand." (1 Samuel 26:22-27:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment