Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Tabernacled"

"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever." (Psalms 37:29) If you know the story from before the Solomon's temple was built, the house of God was previously a tent, and it was pretty much a portable temple; much the same as we are, as we are the temple for the Holy Spirit to be tabernacled inside of, and to dwell within. God had given specific instructions for the construction of that portable tent and all of it's contents; right down to the utensils that were used for the sacrifices, and the hooks that held the fabric of the walls; also, much the same as He gives us for the construction of our portable temple, with specific detail given for every aspect of our lives. Righteous has a variety of meanings, some which depict a standard, and some that depict judgment; the "righteous" which "inherit the land" are those that judge based upon a certain standard, that standard being the instruction of God. The "land" could be speaking of a body of land, or it could be speaking of a place to be inhabited, such as the Tabernacle that awaits us in heaven, and is surely a place that we dwell in for ever. In the meantime, we are a portable temple for God to be tabernacled in, and this temple is to be constructed according to His instructions, just as the tent that was made in the wilderness. As I look back upon my own life, I can plainly see what God instructed me to do, and the way I did things were not always done to His specific instruction; whether that be the cleaning out of my house, or the way that I raised up my family; somewhere along the line, during the following of His instructions, I found a way to keep a little something, or add a little something of my own. I believe that God has given us all instruction on what our lives are to look like as a portable temple for Him to dwell within; some more detailed than other, but each of us have been instructed in what this tent should look like; in the way that we worship Him, the way that we pray to Him, even in the way that we present our bodies to Him; I know what He wants me to look like, and I know where I have made changes, and I am sure that is the same for others. The greatest news of all, is that God is all about second chances; more than that, our God is about multiple chances, and is about forgiveness, and restoration, and preservation of those that He has called out of the darkness, and that He has placed them into His marvelous Light. That my friend is the Land we have inherited; starting now, and on into eternity... "No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore, that the light which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light." (Luke 11:33-36)  

No comments:

Post a Comment