Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Unfathomable"

"The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever." (Psalms 37:18) You just cannot begin to understand how powerful our God is, for all-knowing is just a small portion of His might. But as I was thinking on this verse, I realized something that I have counted almost since the time that I was born, and that is days; all my life, either myself or someone else has counted the days that I have been upon this earth. When I was young, my mother counted them, reminding me and everyone else how old I was, or what I was able to do at whatever certain age. When I began going to school, I counted every day towards every weekend or holiday; as I have grown to be a man, I pretty much do the same, with special interest on events that are planned with friends and relatives. Now I see that there is someone else who is counting my days also, and that is God; not that He keeps the same time as we do, but that He sees the day that we will be taken from this earth and brought into His presence, where we will be with Him for ever and ever. How incredible is that? that the God of all creation not only knows my name, but He knows the very day in which I will be standing before Him in heaven; one more reason not to worry about anything that might take my life, because if God knows the day, then that's the day, and there is really nothing else that can be said or done about it. Really, that is one more thing that we simply do not have any control over at all; there is nothing that we can do to add or take away from a single day that we have upon this earth, because it is not up to us or anything that we do, it is up to God; He alone knows the day and the hour of our departure, and He alone takes us when that time does come. I do keep wondering when He will take my wife, as I count the days since she has been in the condition she is in; but in the meantime, I keep her as comfortable as I can, and just keep praying for God to heal her, as I smother her with love and affection; what else can I do? He knows her days also, and until that day will come, I must do what I promised her on the day that we married...
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave Himself for it: that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: for we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church." (Ephesians 5:25-32)

No comments:

Post a Comment