Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Learning a Lesson"

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." (Psalms 37:25) Not that it might not happen, but personally, I don't know if I have seen it either; although, I do have a close resemblance of the seed begging bread, because my own son squanders all of his money as soon as he gets it, and then begs for money the rest of the month. I am sure that if he were in his right mind, then he would make his money last from month to month; but then again, drugs alter the mind, making us do things that we should not, and think things that will not make sense tomorrow; at least that is how I remember it from 33 years ago. But God, He takes care of His children, and I don't hardly recall any one from church that was starving, unless they were not following the Lord and had become a drunkard or a drug addict; in which case, God lets them go about as low as they can go, which might end up being homeless and hungry. However, you probably will not see anyone forsaken that is faithfully serving the Lord; you might see them have a little worry now and then about finances, but everything always seems to work out, and they always continue to be cared for, regardless of how things might appear for a season. I have learned a lesson or two about God's provision and my giving; which sometimes requires feeling the pinch to remind me that I cannot out give God; but the main lesson that I have learned, is that when I feel as though I am being pinched in the pocketbook, then I need to examine my life and see where I am pinching out God from my life. It might be in my giving of tithes and offerings; although, I am usually careful to not hold back anything in that area; but our time is sometimes more important than our money, because we all have been given the same amount of hours; every day that we live upon this earth, is a 24 hour day, and how we divide up our day for time with God is also a tithe, because in God's economy, what is done for God is never lost... "Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth. I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours." (John 4:34-38)  

No comments:

Post a Comment