Monday, January 27, 2014

"Let Light Shine"

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psalms 37:30) As Jesus was sharing about a lighted candle, so are God's words to be upon our lips, as a testimony of the miracle that He has performed in our lives. I am reminded of that, and I am convicted for being silent in so many ways; not because I do not speak about God's great love, but that I am not as bold and on fire as I was in the days when I first got saved. Maybe the little compromises that I have made along the way have taken hold in my heart, causing me to slumber and to hold darkness in my heart; if so, then I really need to set things right! But the way I understood what Jesus was saying, is that if our whole body is light, then we are going to shine brightly for all to see; otherwise, we need to take heed that the light within us is not darkness. There is surely something there is think about; it is really not just about what is your calling, because we have all been called to be a light, if so be that we have received the Light. If there is one thing that I have learned over these past 30 plus years, it's that shame is usually the problem when it comes denying Jesus, or not being bold enough to declare the power of the gospel. There is really more than one way to deny Christ in our lives; we don't just have to say, "I never knew Him", but we can also deny Him by the lack of power in our lives, and by the lack of living out the change that was to have taken place in us. If we have been made new, then why are things not all different? I know, I know, God is not done with me yet; isn't that the answer that is spoken to that question? Maybe the better answer to that question, might be, Because I have not surrender all of my life to Him; which, if that be the case, and if that is pressing upon your heart, then it is never too late... "This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (1 John 1:5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment