Tuesday, August 13, 2019

"Cause To Rest" -Too

"This is my rest for ever: here I will dwell; for I have desired it." (Psalms 132:14)

  So, if it is God speaking, then what should be our reply? More likely than not, it should be pretty much the same! Just like Peter's reply, 'Where else shall I go? you alone have the words of eternal life!' This is my rest for ever, and ever more; I am staying right here, in the ever-loving-arms of my Lord and Savior; because I have found the fountain of Life! We all know that is not exactly how it went down; but I feel perfectly safe saying it: I have found Jesus! Isn't that what the first disciples said, as they told everyone that they cared about? "We have found the Messiah; come and see!" There is no more need to look for anything to fill that giant void in my heart; it has been filled, and my sins are forgiven; and I am good for eternity! How much more rest do you need? That was pretty much Paul's conclusion, as he tried to show the finality of all that had been accomplished through the cross of Christ. You have got to appreciate the importance of Paul's assessment; having grown up in the law, and having taught others in the ways of being set apart for God, he had to have a certain appreciation of the rest he had found in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and the wonderful work that was accomplished on the cross. What a heavy weight had been lifted? If only he could get his fellow Jews to understand and believe. Surprisingly, even in that quest to turn those that you love, there is rest found in the unity of the Holy Spirit, for that too is His desire. You want to feel real amazing rest, share Jesus with someone that the Holy Spirit tells you to share with; because if you don't, your rest is going to be a little disrupted for a while; believe me, I know what I am talking about. Anywho; that is it: nowhere else to go, and there is no desire I have to go anywhere else; I have found my rest...

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." (Ephesians 2:19-22)

No comments:

Post a Comment