Saturday, August 31, 2019

"Appreciation"

"Ye that stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God, praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant." (Psalms 135:2-3)

  This might be the one thing that I have noticed, that really makes me wonder: how those that serve, many of whom are much appreciated for their service, but they count that service for everything that they are obligated for, including giving tithes. Their giving is completely between them and God, and I would never expose them or call them out by name; but tithing is a form of worship, and it is our way to show gratitude for all that God has given us and blessed us with. Having had been the one who entered the offerings into the church computer for many years, I had a chance to see who gave and who did not; you would be surprised to see that those who served in the church were not all that faithful to tithing; real tithing, which means 10% of your income, not 10% of what you have in your pocket. I am sorry if this might seem as though I am being judgmental, but this is a thing that has irritated me, because I know firsthand how God honors His word when it comes to giving. Personally, I make a point of counting every single dollar that passes through my hands; if I have touched it, used it, or even lost it, it is counted as something that gets tithed. You know how they say, "You can't out give God," well, it is totally true and I can prove it! When that widow threw those two mites in the offering, what were they for? They surely did not matter much to the Temple treasury; but they sure did matter to the Lord! I have actually heard a brother say, "The pastor said not to give if you give grudgingly, so I don't give when I don't feel good about it." Did you know, if you don't give your tithe to the Lord, you end up giving it to the devil? Okay, maybe I am being a little drastic and over exaggerating an issue; but God calls it the, "devourer," (Malachi 3:11), which is the same description that Peter gives to the devil, "as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8) Any way you choose to look at it, whether it is all about giving or just singing praise, it is all about worship! And those that serve in God's house are the first ones that are expected to worship...

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Luke 12:34)

No comments:

Post a Comment