Monday, January 15, 2018

"Greed is Swallowed Up"

"The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram." (Psalms 106:17)

Not your average way to stop a revolt, but you have got to admit, it makes a good point. You have got to see the humor in this, because God has a wonderful way of making us see what sin does, how it makes us driven either to it or to Him, depending on our own choices and the condition of our heart. It is pretty obvious that some people will choose to continue in their sins; if they only knew what that might cost them, they would think again before allowing it to happen. Is it really about greed? I don't know, I guess it depends on your point of view. Personally, I think we are driven to sin because it is an effort to satisfy a hunger the is within us, whether or not you call it greed, I guess that depends on how you view those who are around you. If you are meant to be a child of the King, then all of your efforts to satisfy your flesh will take away from the testimony you have to those who might look to you for some sort of a sign, a sign that shows you are a child of the King. So, you tell me, is it greed? How about we talk about the opposite of what I just described, and see what Paul had to say about the subject of what we are and who we should be, because it is not about us. It is about those around us! God has a way of making His point, so be mindful of who you are and who you represent...

"Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who followed the law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring then to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings."
(1 Corinthians 9:19-23) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment