Friday, January 26, 2018

"Battle Warrior"

"Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed." (Psalms 106:30)

 My apologies for yesterday; this is why I enjoy doing this, because God keeps showing up! I know that there are people praying for me, and I am honestly grateful for your prayers. I have committed in my heart that I will not stop, although there has been several times when someone has tried to stop me. Not so much as they once did; like about three years into this, I was getting harassed almost every morning. Web site being disrupted, internet taken over, IP address diverted; almost every other day, there was something annoying that I had to put up with, all because I was being unusual and speaking about the Lord. You do know that religious zealots are listed among those that are to be considered a threat to America; not that I consider myself to be that, but I am sure there are some that do. All along this was to be nothing more than a Living Journal, something that I had committed to do every day, with nothing intended but to just share my heart and whatever I felt the Lord was trying to speak in me or through me. Much like teaching line by line through the Bible, there are some mornings that I wish I could avoid, just like there are some verses that are hard to teach on. This verse we have before us today is not one of those verses; this is a verse that we should all try to emulate and make it part of who we are, no mater who you are. We all have people that we should be praying for, people that need someone to stand in the gap. There are things I feel in my life cause me to not be worthy of praying for someone else; but I know that kind of feeling is not of the Lord. This is not about our righteousness, this is about the righteousness of Jesus Christ! When we stand, we are not standing for ourselves, we are standing to represent the KING, our Lord and Savior. There is no issue pointing to Him, because He alone is worthy to be lifted up. When we stand, we do not represent ourselves, we represent Jesus; good, bad or indifferent, all of our lives lack the righteousness that can claim the right take any of the glory upon ourselves. But when we stand for Jesus, that is a whole different story, that is His-Story...

"Jonah answered, "I am a Hebrew, and I worship the LORD, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the land." The sailors were terrified when they heard this, for he had already told them he was running away from the LORD. "Oh, why did you do it?" they groaned. And since the storm was getting worse all the time, they asked him, "What should we do to you to stop this storm?" "Throw me into the sea," Jonah said, "and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is my fault."  Instead, the sailors rowed even harder to get the ship to the land. But the stormy sea was too violent for them, and they couldn't make it. Then they cried out to the LORD, Jonah's God. "O LORD," they pleaded, "don't make us die for this man's sin. And don't hold us responsible for his death. O LORD, you have sent this storm upon him for your own good reasons." Then the sailors picked Jonah up and threw him into the raging sea, and the storm stopped at once! The sailors were awestruck by the LORD'S great power, and they offered him sacrifice and vowed to serve him."(Jonah 1:9-16) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment