Wednesday, January 3, 2018

"The Better Way of Life"

"Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times." (Psalms 106:3)

 Keeping with the times is not usually how you get this done, especially not in this current culture in which we live today. I think it would be hard to raise a child in the world today; a world where almost everything you try to tell your child is wrong, the world will turn what you say into being the wrong way and make everything that is wrong out to be right. Keeping judgment is something that requires us to pay attention to what we do, and to consider the outcome of doing it wrong or right. It might seem to be a simple test to follow, when you want to do what is right. There is something that will constantly keep getting in the way of doing right, a little thing called "I." I want to do this and I want to make my own choices. I should remind you of something else, that all idols begin with "I." Look closer at the condition of the world, and you will discover that everyone seems to be doing what is right in their own eyes, much the way it was at the end of Judges; it would seem that judgment was thrown out the window then, just as it is today. Yes, you might say, but how do I do righteousness at all times? That sure seems a little hard, since there are none righteous, not one! I hardly think that God would say for us to do something and not provide a way for us to do it. Just as I said in the start of the Psalm, we need to own up to the fact that we fail to keep His commands. If we fail to do that, then it is "I" putting myself before God, because God says otherwise! John spends quite a few verses explaining that in 1 John 1:5-10. There is only one way that we can ever walk in the Light, and that is by abiding in the Light, Jesus Christ. If we are not abiding in Christ, then we are walking in darkness. And if we are walking in darkness, then we do not do the Truth. And if we do not do the Truth, then we have not His word in us, the Word of Life...

""Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. Outside the city are the dogs -the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, and idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie. "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star." The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let anyone who hears this say, "Come." Let anyone who is thirst come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life."
(Revelation 22:12-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment