Tuesday, January 9, 2018

"Safe in the Hands of God"

"And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy." (Psalms 106:10)

I know that life might sometimes be complicated, filled with too many different choices and many which hold no sure result; but God way usually only involves one choice, one redeeming answer, to cause us just to surrender our lives into His mighty hand. What does that look like? Honestly, I don't know how to describe that, it is different for each and every one of us, on so many different levels. Personally, I think it looks like praying and waiting. That might sound like it goes against everything that we have ever been told; but I know by now how my mind works, it just wants me to roll up my sleeves and get things done. Sometimes getting things done, although it might seem productive, it is not what God would have us be doing, not in our flesh, and not without His leading. If you might recall, God put a pillar of fire between the children of Israel and the Egyptians. It might not have just been for the sake of holding the Egyptian army back, it could also have been to change the heart of any of His people that wanted to turn back. So, if you want to know what real surrender looks like, then that would paint a pretty perfect picture. On the one hand, you have the parted Red sea, with its walls of water on each side, showing God's mighty hands of redemption; on the other, you have a pillar of fire, which shows all that stuff behind that will just consume your life. If the fire won't do it, the enemy will! Now you tell me which one more closely looks like surrender. Yes, you get it, it is always going to be the one that shows God's redemption! You might not know what waits on the other side, but it is God's hand that is holding back the waters; God's open door to redemption, which is not going to stay open for very long! But with every door that God opens He will close another; just as He did with the pillar of fire. Does that mean that there was no turning back? No, there was always a way, but it would require working on making it happen; which is just the opposite of how God works! God just makes thing happen, He opens and closes the doors, we just need to walk through the ones that He opens...

""O my people, what have I done to you? What have I done to make you tired of me? Answer me! For I brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from slavery. I sent Moses, Aaron, and Miriam to help you. Don't you remember, my people, how King Balak of Moab tried to have you cursed and how Balaam son of Beor blessed you instead? And remember your journey from Acacia Grove to Gilgal, when I, the LORD, did everything I could to teach you about my faithfulness." What can we bring to the LORD? What kind of offerings should we give him? Should we bow before God with offerings of yearling calves? Should we offer him thousands of rams and ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Should we sacrifice our firstborn children to pay for our sins? No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:3-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment