Sunday, January 21, 2018

"His Testament" -Too

"Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them." (Psalms 106:23)

 Oh, I forgot to mention that He, like the Sun, shines His righteousness upon us! You want to talk about healing, that's the healing we all need, each and every day! The complete Testament of God, neither Books are complete without the other. We could never take away from the Old Testament, as if to say that it no longer applies, because the New Testament completes the Old Testament, and the Old Testament completes the New Testament; you cannot have one without the other. In essence, Moses was a type of Christ, standing in the breach. Jesus came to fulfill the law, all that the law requires was manifested by the love of Christ. We might not think the law matters anymore, but we are seriously mistaken if we do. The law will always matter, because God is never changing, always the same, and He never ever will be less than Holy. But love fulfills every requirement of the law; each and every single measure of the law is fulfilled by loving God and loving one another. Can we begin to love God as the law requires? We should, He has given us the tools that we need, but do we choose to use them wisely? At times we do; at times we set aside our selfishness just long enough to make it happen. But truth be told, our flesh, although to be reckoned dead with Christ, is still chained to our backs, stinking and rotten, it continues to get in the way. The healing that we need is to get this rotten corpse off our backs; but then what? Maybe that is what Paul had prayed for over and over, 'Lord, get this guy off of me!' God's mercy involves Him loving us regardless; but His grace takes us up into greater heights, despite our deficiencies. Testament is a noun, and as such it represents a person, a place, or a thing; in the regards to God, it is all three: His will, especially the part relating to His person property; His Word, that serves as a sign or evidence of a specific fact, event, or quality; His covenant or dispensation. All three relate to God; each definition of the word is required to be put to use in our description of God's love for you and I; on all sorts of different levels, it is His name...

""So I brought them out of Egypt and led them into the wilderness. There I gave them my decrees and regulations so they could find life by keeping them. And I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I am the LORD, who had set them apart to be holy. "But the people of Israel rebelled against me, and refused to obey my decrees there in the wilderness. They wouldn't obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life. They also violated my Sabbath days. So I threatened to pour out my fury on them, and I made plans to utterly consume them in the wilderness. But again I held back in order to protect the honor of my name before the nations who had seen my power in bringing Israel out of Egypt.""
(Ezekiel 20:10-14) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment