Tuesday, December 5, 2017

"Not a Care in this World"

"Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore." (Psalms 105:4)
It is always better to obey the LORD; even when we are disobedient, God will always provide mercy, He will always accept our plea for forgiveness. I know people who don't really believe that is true for them. People who once were so on fire for God, and who messed up their lives or their marriage, and who now do not believe that God can have mercy, not the kind of mercy that they want, anyways. Whether or not Paul once was married, I have no idea, except that it was the custom for anyone who was in leadership within the Pharisees to be married; but I do know what Paul spoke about the past, in saying, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." We are never really going to reach the prize here, not in this lifetime, not in these corrupted bodies; but we will reach it once we are united and glorified with the Lord. That is how we forget about those things that are behind, by focusing upon those things are before, and reaching for them! We can never change what was done, so why do we try and expect God to change them; the past is in the past, but what is ahead, that's a whole new topic and adventure. Through every thing that was done in the Bible, from Adam's sin, to Moses striking the rock again, to Jesus being crucified upon the cross, was there anything that God made undone? Nothing God does will He undo, but He will make it new! That is miracle of who He is and all that He does; He makes beauty from ashes; He makes something beautiful from the ugly and the condemned. If you know someone like I shared about, all that you can do is to pray for them and try to express to them that they are loved by God; but don't try and counsel them, not unless you are equipped to deal with that kind of believing. It's like learning to minister to the cults; you study what they believe, and sure enough, your heart will be swayed. We all have some insecurities when it comes to our salvation; sooner or later, even the strongest saint will question what they believe. So it is always best to stay in the Word and keep pressing forward, toward the mark. By the way, what is the "mark," anyways? Well, it's only used once, but the translation is the Greek word 'skopos,' which means mark or goal that one looks at or end that one has in view; it also means an observer or a watchman. It is kind of unique, because the word comes from the root word that represents 'skeptic.' The main point of the term is that of  'to spy' or 'peer' or 'to look into the distance.' In a nutshell, the mark is not something that is seen here, it is there; there is where we have our hope...
"The one thing I seek most -is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD'S perfections and meditating in his temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Then I will hold my head high above my enemies who surround me. At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the LORD with music. Hear me as I pray, O LORD. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming." Do not turn your back on me. Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me, O God of my salvation! Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close." (Psalms 27:4-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment