Thursday, December 28, 2017

"Good or Bad, He Still Feeds Us"

"The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven."
(Psalms 105:40)
Don't think for a moment that I was suggesting that God will guide us or direct us to do wrong; I am simply saying that He will continue to guide our lives in whatever mess we make of it. A good example of that would be Peter, and his denial of Jesus. God did not guide Peter's heart into doing wrong; God knew what he would do, and He was with him through it and after it; God brought him through it, just as He said that He would! Maybe it is just my excitement with knowing how much I am loved, even though I truly don't deserve it. I tend to get a little carried away sometimes; and I will almost always try to make everything about the Gospel. This verse really kind of cracks me up; not that it is real funny or silly; it's just that God will even provide for us when our attitude stinks and when we ask for things for all the wrong reasons. It might not be exactly what we asked for or were looking for, but nonetheless, He will still provide for what we need. If you don't recall, the people were complaining about missing all the delicacies of Egypt, so God brought them quail; so much quail that they caused their stomachs burst and did eat until they were sick of eating. How many quail can you eat? I don't know, but I think that I could probably eat at least 3 or 4, without feeling too stuffed. We are talking about a lot of quail here, maybe upwards to twenty or thirty million; that's a lot of fowl. The second part of this verse is one that should really cause us to take notice, because it says that He "satisfied them the bread of heaven." Okay, if that is what you want to call it, because from what I remember, they really came short of being satisfied; in fact, they said some pretty terrible things about the manna that God provided, saying how much they were sick and tired of it. Funny thing is, God sent His Son to die for our sins without us asking for Him to do it! As a matter of fact, His people complained about that act of kindness also! But do you think that stopped Him from doing it; no way, no how! Jesus said, "I am the Bread from Heaven," and do you think that satisfied them? I think we really do not know what to ask for, but He still gives us what we need...
"But Jesus replied, "Stop complaining about what I said. For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up. As it is written in the Scriptures, 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. (Not that anyone has ever seen the Father; only I, who was sent from God, have seen him.) "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life! Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh.""
(John 6:43-51) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment