Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"Reason"

"Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they shall not enter into my rest." (Psalms 95:11)
Some times we just need to stop thinking about our own needs and wants, and we really need to focus upon what God wants; as if it could be that easy! Well, can it? We have a choice to make, almost every waking moment of every single day, Who are we going to serve, ourselves or God? If we plan on serving the Lord, it may or may not actually happen, depending on how our day goes. Let's just say that what we plan to do is usually not the result we end up with. It's not by our own strength that we can make it happen, so why would we think that our way of doing anything is actually any good? After all of this, do we still think that it is within our power to make it happen? That was their problem, they went from counting on God to fight the battle, to all of the sudden planning to fight the battle themselves. When that happens, we are no longer walking in the shelter and security of God; at least not in our own hearts and minds. All those days of giving thanks and rejoicing in how great a King, God is, they don't even matter; they become worthless fairytales because they have no power in the present, as long as we are facing the enemy in our own strength. Is it easy to surrender all to the Lord? I don't think that He ever said that it was. It is simple, we just do it, plain and simple; but it comes with a price. Wait, I thought that it was free; how is it now going to cost me? I think that we missed the message within "The Rich Young Ruler." It was really a simple thing that Jesus asked for, He said, "Go and sell all that you have, give it to the poor, and follow me." It really was not complicated; it did not require any serious figuring out what to do and why to do it; the Lord figured it out for him, saying, "This one thing you lack, do this, and you will inherit eternal life." So, what am I saying? It's too hard for us to do anything worthy of eternal life on our own; it can only be done through the power of God. In God's strength, everything is possible; in our own, well Jesus said it perfectly: "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle." All that you are; all that you care for; all that you ever wanted or need; it all needs to be counted as lost...
"At that time Jesus prayed this prayer, "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way! "My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."" (Matthew 11:25-30) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment