Friday, May 16, 2014

"Swept Away"

"My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?" (Psalms 42:3) I'm sorry, but I just wanted to say what I was feeling, or what it was I had a sense for after reading and meditating upon this verse; just the thought of being swept away in the emotional desire to be with God, right now, and in the moment of pure worship and devotion. I can totally relate to the idea of tears being my meat, because on those days when I cry out to God for deliverance, I really don't feel like eating much; it's almost as if I do not have the energy left in me to eat. And when it comes to asking God for something as important as healing my wife, there is really no such thing as asking Him enough, because until she has either been healed or taken home, I will still continually ask Him to heal her; even though I have heard Him say to me, My grace is sufficient, my reply has been, Yes Lord, I know that your grace is sufficient for me, but I am asking for her!!! Words cannot express what I am feeling when I have those moments; but one thing is sure, God is not dead! In the midst of so much pain and suffering, God pours out His Spirit and comforts my heart with the presence of His mighty love. You cannot share that, or try and explain how it makes you feel, because words cannot give justice to the splendor and richness of His love. And then we have those that look upon my situation, and say, Where is thy God? as if God has not and will not answer me because He has left the building. Those nonbelievers that know me and my situation just shake their head and wonder why I can keep believing in a God that does not answer my prayers, or let's me keep suffering; as if God does not work in the midst of all of this, maybe even to their own good. God is good all the time; and all the time, God is good... "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart. For whether we be besides ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause. For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: and that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again." (2 Corinthians 5:11-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment