Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Faith Wins!"

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." (Psalms 42:11) If ever there were a time when our faith needs to be tested, today is that time. There is absolutely nothing God cannot fix, or nothing that He cannot turn from something that is destroyed, into something that brings life and hope; He gives beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3). And here is the most amazing thing about how that works, in that it works for His glory; it's not about what I might get out of this or that, but it's about the Lord being glorified in the midst of everything and throughout all generations, even in tragedy and sorrow, as difficult as that might be to wrap our mortal minds around. There are a lot of things that we will not understand, nor will we get answers for on this side of heaven, but God's love for us demands that we praise Him in whatever it is that we might be going through, and in all situations, no matter how dark and unending things may appear; because there is an end, and that end is more beautiful than we could ever imagine! Just think heaven! No matter what this world might throw at us, or no matter what it is that has us feeling defeated, heaven is the goal that counts, heaven is the place where our sight is fixed upon, not the healing, or the mortgage, or any other thing that might have us feeling like our life is in a blender; there is nothing here that compares to what is there... "And Jesus answered  them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it: and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any serve Me, him will My Father honour. Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Thy Name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again." (John 12:23-28)

No comments:

Post a Comment