Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Swept Away" -2

"My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?" (Psalms 42:3) I can understand why some might think the way that they do, because there are days when I have moments of doubt and unbelief; especially those days when I am focused upon the past, which is a topic for another day. It absolutely comes down to our perspective on heaven being that place which we belong, not this earth; having been reborn in the Spirit, this is no longer our home; our home is now heaven, so nothing that takes place here much matters anymore, at least when it comes to suffering and circumstances. What does still matter is where our focus is, and how much we live towards standing before our Lord; because the day will come when we are going to give Him an account of what we did with what He gave us to do. With that, the next question we need to ask ourselves, never mind what others say, but we ourselves must ask it of our own hearts, "Where is thy God?" Is my God that which I live for, day in and day out? Is He the last thing on my mind when I go to sleep, and the first thing I think of when I awake? Or am I more concerned about the business at hand or how it is that I get a handle on this life? In other words, even the way that we view the battle can be a hindrance and a distraction from giving God the glory, because the battle has already been won, we just need to learn how to walk in the victory that has been accomplished for us. Am I set free from sin? I am when I do not focus upon sin, but upon God! Has God delivered me from the bondage of sin? Yes indeed, far more than I realize, because I have never "yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin" (Hebrews 12:4). He has swept away all of my sins, and He has placed my feet upon a road of righteousness and holiness in Him; a road that is not dependent upon what I do, but upon what He has done, that He receives the glory. There is thy God! He is right there, with outstretched arms, with His nail pierced hands stretched out, say, "Come and enter My rest"... "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:16-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment