Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Remaining in God's Favor"

"And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face for ever." (Psalms 41:12) I can't do this, it hurts my brain too much to try and figure out when I became God's child; was it really the day that I accepted Christ into my heart? or was it some other time, long before I was even conceived in my mother's womb? This much I know, God's hand was upon me from the time that I was born, because I should have died at least ten times that I can remember on my own; as a matter of fact, I seem recall my mother telling me that I tried to swallow my own tongue when I was born, and that they needed to staple it down so that I could breath. If God knows everything, then doesn't He also know those that are going to accept His gift of salvation, long before they actually make that choice? Are there any accidents with God's ways or His thoughts? Does God ever say, I did not see that coming? No, He knows way before we even do something, that we will be doing it; and yet He still calls us His child, even knowing those things that we will do, and those thoughts that we will conjure up in our minds. I personally think that we would have a better chance of moving a mountain with a word, then we would have getting God to release us from His hand, because He's not letting go; for ever is a really long time, much more than we can ever spend messing up. So what do we do with that? How about a little reverence? We must respond to God's love with love... "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been His counselour? Or who hath first given to Him, and it shall be recompensed unto Him again? For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment