Monday, May 12, 2014

"A Thirst For God "

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after Thee, O God." (Psalms 42:1) When it comes to water, we know that water represents God's word, as in the water spoken in John 3:5, and "the washing of the water" from  Ephesians 5:26; but we also know that Jesus is the Word (John 1:1), and that Jesus has referred unto Himself as the Living Water, and that those who believe in Him, in them shall be "a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:10-14); and within this same portion of Scripture, Jesus tells us that the water He gives us will satisfy our thirst forever, because there is a well of water flowing up in us. Basically, it really is all about knowing the source of the water, and where to continually find it; "the water brooks" are the places where the water flows from, such as streams or rivers, and are the places where water is consistently found. Remembering back to when I first accepted Christ into my heart, there was such a thirst in me for God's word, I just could not get enough of His word; I also could not get enough of fellowship with other believers, and I was always looking for some way to find time to be in fellowship, both at church and at home. I don't know how to explain this, but it was that thirst which kept me satisfied; in other words, the well springing up in me was having fellowship with Jesus Christ, which was by the reading of the Word, and the fellowship with the body of Christ. It was the Spirit of God in me that gave me that thirst, while at the same time, He would satisfy me as I would do those things which He led me to do; things like reading the Word, sharing the gospel message, have fellowship with other believers, and having fellowship with God through prayer and worship. When we are born into the family of God, we have the Living Water within us; and yet, the thing about living water, is that living water must flow, and it must stay moving from it's source to it's destination...
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:23 & 24)  

No comments:

Post a Comment