Friday, October 4, 2013

"Pause For Cause"

"Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against then that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation." (Psalms 35:3) You could say, Rest In Peace, but really, I am very certain Pa Pa Chuck is not resting right now; as a matter of fact, I am sure he and Laverne are sharing a splendid time together getting answers and greeting thousands of old friends. If you did not know Pastor Chuck, he had a wonderful smile, and always was well equip to stand in for anyone that did not show up; if you wanted to see an example of being ready in season and out of season, then Pastor Chuck Smith was a good example of such a man. If you want to know what it takes to be such a man, it requires a heart that is after God; which means that your heart is closely aliened with the precepts of God's will, therefore, where ever you are in the Scriptures you are always in touch with what God wants to say; it also doesn't hurt to be filled with the Spirit, but I think you get my general meaning. Line by line, verse by verse, and chapter by chapter; that is how the Bible is meant to be studied; and that is also how it is meant to be applied to our live; which means that there is nothing that is left out! It's all relevant, and has been given to us by God for a reason and a season in our lives; therefore we must eat vegetables, the meat, and the desserts as they come, not as we choose. Pastor Chuck knew this and taught it to all the thousands of Calvary Chapel pastors that grew up under his leadership. What is really interesting is the vision I was seeing yesterday morning, and how I believe God was showing me a little shield being displayed within a larger on; almost as if it were a part of the larger shield, and was placed within the socket it was made to be placed in somewhere on display in the larger shield; yet, the vision that I saw was one of the smaller shield protruding outward, as if being displayed, all lite up and shinning, while revealing the socket behind it, that it was meant to be in. Odd, yes, but very interesting indeed. Right after this verse in my Bible I have written the words, "Remind Me LORD!" Sometimes that is exactly what we need... "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus (Glorified!). Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Glorified!)." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment