Friday, October 11, 2013

"Being Diligent"

"Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall." (Psalms 35:8) When it comes to "cause", what cause do we have to be concerned? or better yet, should I ask, what should cause us to be concerned, if we have no "cause"? There is something to be said of a certain saying, which goes something like this: "You will either live for something, or you will die for nothing". In the case of serving the Lord, our somethings are those things which will be tested by fire, and the nothings are those things which don't stand the test. What is it that should "cause" us to turn away from our wickedness and follow Jesus? Is it the fear of our destruction? No, I really don't think there is any real "cause" in fear; only shame and loneliness abide in fear, which causes those to hide that hold onto to it. How about the desire to do good? would you say that would "cause" us to turn from our wickedness? Nope; that's pretty much a hopeless "cause", based upon the good that is within us. I know! It's God's goodness, and all those wonderful things He will provide for us, if we would just let those things "cause" us to listen; Right? Maybe for some, that might cause them to hope in rewards in an effort to work for gaining God's favor; but it will also cause them to feel burdened and heavy laden in their efforts. As I woke this morning, I could not help but think of LOVE being the answer to all of our problems; especially our problem of being obedient to the Lord. As I laid there next to my wife, I wondered if it were possible to have so much love within me, that I could literally love her into wholeness. That's might sound pretty strange, but the amount of love I was seeing from God, and the amount that I am use to giving; well let's just say, the difference was comparable to a bottle rocket and a rocket engine. Therefore, I have come to the only conclusion that makes any sense at all: It's not just love that we need, but it is the Love of God that we need to cause us to not only be obedient, but to be diligently wanting to be obedient... "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in your inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in Love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the Love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with the fulness of God. (Ephesians 3:14-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment