Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Faint Not; Be Profitable"

"His Lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strewed: Thou oughest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received my own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:26-30) This scripture is not being given to compare what Job went through to the 'Slothful Servant'; well, maybe just a little. And it is not that I am picking on Job, or anything like that; I am only trying to put forth a point: That what we do by our actions matter 'for' or 'against' the Kingdom of God, and where we want to be is on the 'for' side; in other words, we want to be profitable for the Kingdom. However, when we are slothful in our service to God, we are not profitable, but actually hinder the work of God; How is that? Okay, let's take a little look at Job (not to pick on him), to demonstrate a point that there was an opportunity to give God great glory in his sufferings, which was passed up, and may have even been counter productive. Because the suffering that Job went through with the lose of his livestock, children, and his health, all could have given God glory by Job staying strong and making those things lost count for the Kingdom of God. Listen, I am not trying to say that Job did terrible before the Lord by sitting on the ground and having a pity party; I would have most likely done the same thing; however, what I am saying, is that the damage done to the testimony of what matters most can be collateral damage; because those people who are watching your life, really start paying attention to what you do when you are going through something. Why is that important? Because it is at those times when our testimony of what we believe matters most, that's why!!! Really, I mean that! You can say you trust God and believe in Him for your eternal life and happiness all day long when things are good, and people will say, 'That's nice'; but you keep saying it, and acting like you mean it when things are bad, and people take notice. You can only keep what you give away!!! Three really is no better way to put it; there is nothing of this world that is profitable for His Kingdom; but what we do have is what we have been given, and sometimes that includes opportunities to give Him glory. Again; here is a portion of the verse I closed with yesterday; see if it makes a little more sense: "Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory." (Ephesians 3:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment