Friday, May 31, 2024

"Unable To Speak"

 "I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts." (Ecclesiastes 3:18 KJV)

  "Then Job replied to the LORD: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have questions for you, and you must answer them.' I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."" (Job 42:1-6 NLT)

 About that last little comment from yesterday: If there is one thing we should know, without any doubt, it is that Jesus loved us! He suffered and died an extremely brutal death for us; even asking the Father to have pity on those that crucified Him! If anything, it is the love we have for Him that is in doubt! 

 You might not totally understand this, but as long as we are here, in this world, we will have issues with loving, not only others, but also with our love for God! Unconditional love is something that requires a heart that is totally and completely committed to loving, no matter what! (Sorry for the multiple exclamations, but this is something we must understand and accept as the truth!)

 James said, "What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy? But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, "God opposes the proud but favors the humble."" (James 4:5-6 NLT) This is not just something pointed to nonbelievers, this is everyone! You might not think it counts for you, but if are not humble, especially when you are pressed against, you will get out of sorts, forgetting what real love means!

 To try to help this along, I would like to repeat something I said at the beginning: Solomon is preaching to the Humanist, whether secular or believer, they both have something in common: Not submitting to God! I am as guilty as anyone else, because there are still sins that I like; if I didn't like them, then they wouldn't still be so easy to do, without the fear of God ruling my life! If I always fear God, meaning that I do not want to harm my relationship with Him, then I wouldn't find myself doing anything He doesn't like!  

 Maybe I should just shut my mouth and pretend that I am unable to speak, because I already feel as though I have said too much...

"When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory. And we are among those whom he selected, both from the Jews and from the Gentiles." (Romans 9:21-24 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment