Wednesday, May 22, 2024

"This Temporary Life"

 "I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life." (Ecclesiastes 3:12 KJV)

  ""What is the price of five sparrows - two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."" (Luke 12:6-7 NLT)

 This may not totally make sense, but neither does some of the stuff going on in the current culture. The main thing that I believe Solomon is getting across is the beauty of what God has created here, all that we see and do and have, there is no good in them, because everything is temporary and is nothing but matter, which will not matter once we are gone. 

 When Jesus spoke about storing up treasure in heaven, it was about other souls, which are the most valuable treasures that will be counted; nothing else matters to God but the salvation of lost souls! I know we all don't think that is our ministry, saving lost souls; but we are all called and chosen for that special purpose; we just have some that reach few, and others that reach many; but we all have been given the purpose of reconciling souls to God! 

 I have a simple test, which might not be one that everybody will like, but it is a test of sorts to show us what it really means to rejoice. It is easy to find joy in getting things that you want; we usually have no problem rejoicing over things that go our way. But what about things that don't? Do you still rejoice when you lose something or get something you did not want? 

 To be totally honest, it's the little things that cause me problems; big things do not seem to do it, they cause me to count on the Lord, all the more. But this is not good, letting the little things cause me to lose my joy, and forget about the testimony of Christ within me! Those little things are little prods from the devil; the more I don't care about them, the more he will throw my way. This needs to end! 

 That said, we have been given a wonderful gift, one that cannot be taken or stolen or lost, because it is all secured away in heaven, waiting for us there! We take nothing with us when we leave this earth; any and all things of value are there already waiting for us! When you lose something here, count it as gain in heaven, and rejoice....

"Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. And I ask you, my true partner, to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life. Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:2-7 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment