Thursday, May 9, 2024

"The Eye of a Needle"

 "A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;" (Ecclesiastes 3:6 KJV)

  "Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. "There is still one thing you haven't done," he told him. "Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come follow me." At this the man's face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions. Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!" This amazed them. But Jesus said again, "Dear children, it is very hard to enter the Kingdom of God. In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"" (Mark 10:21-25 NLT)

 Because of the way I feel about this particular message, I will pretend that it isn't so, and will just get to the point of what I believe Solomon is meaning, from the perspective of God's point of view. To be fair, this might be more about sight, than it is about having riches! What really matters is a person's eye, (which is actually the window to the soul,) which is what we use to see God's view, not that of our own.  

 This is basically a continuation of what we left off from yesterday, but from a little different perspective. It was maybe almost just a couple of years after I got saved, maybe sooner, that I was given an illustration of a construction cone, like the ones you see in the street, when there is work being done. In this lesson, the cone was shown to have two ends, one which was very small, the other was rather large: looking through either end, really made quite a difference. 

 By the way, I have heard that there was a certain gate, I believe to the Temple, which was referred to as the "Eye of the Needle," even still, it would have been pretty hard to get a camel to go through it. I think it had something to do with their legs, as they couldn't squat and move forwards at the same time, or some sort of condition. Regardless, this is about a rich man's chances of getting into Heaven! 

 They say, "It is all about you having money, or the money having you!" Where is your loyalty? What do you trust more, God or your money? Believe it or not, but it is really all about perspective...

""LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered - how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath."" Interlude (PSALM 39:4-5 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment